Hey friend. *head nod* What’s up? What is going on with you in 2016?
As we go into the new year I have some new adventures to look forward to. Very exciting.
- I’m going to start SNHU (Southern New Hampshire University) online degree program for Creative Writing for my bachelors degree. I’m looking forward to getting this done. It doesn’t matter how long it takes to achieve your goal, as long as you’re working towards it and enjoying the journey.
- I signed up to do the DLP (Documented Life Project) again. Looking forward to putting some art in my life every week. Going to schedule an evening for just that like I do with writing. It will not be a planner I carry but it will be a nice reflection or outlook to my week.
- I’m subscribed to 2 art boxes that I am totally LOVING. Cannot wait to try new items in my DLP from these boxes. Art Snacks is the little box that has interesting goodies in it. And Sketch Box is the larger box with REALLY awesome goodies in it (I have the premium subscription). With these subscriptions I have reigned in my shopping at the art/craft stores, unless I’m specifically searching for something for a project.
- I’m also doing The Sketchbook Project between now and the end of March. If it goes well I’m thinking I can do my own book each quarter. Yes I need to send this one back to them but I’ll photograph it first.
- I’m going back on my diet, sort of. As of Monday I’m going back to low carb, dairy, & sugar. I fell off the wagon with this, having too much bread, cheese, & sugar over the past week. More veggies, 4 cups a day. More water, 100 oz a day. Vitamins daily. I hope to find something new & fun to get me moving; kickboxing, snowshoeing, or a class. I’m not a fan of the gym but I have a goal to get toned and I’ll achieve this goal. After all a pinup tattoo of Wonder woman needs to look hot on my thigh, which isn’t looking hot right now. 😀 I’ve lost 35 pounds and feel wonderful. Two current pics of me. (Got to get my hair trimmed again.)
- Possibly moving in to a rental in the spring. The commute is a bitch right now. I know I’ve been saying this for at least a year and a half but… there were lots of issues playing into that. I cannot buy a house until 2017 but I’m looking more at 2018 because I may replace my Suzuki with a car. Depends on the opportunity that arises.
I think that’s everything at this point in time. I haven’t set “goals” per-say because I seem to be working on bettering myself every day anyways. However if I were to set a few goals for 2016 they would be this: Be creative. Be active. Be social. Spend more time with those I love. Read more. Drink more tea. Eat more veggies.
Tell me your “resolutions” or “goals” for the coming year or maybe the know adventures you’re having. Engage with me. Tell me what you want to hear from me about. I’ve missed you. ❤